- Camp in designated areas where provided.
- Don?t camp near running water, thick brush, animal trails or berry patches.
- Keep yourself and your campsite odour free.
- Set up cooking, eating and food storage areas at least 100 metres from your tent.
- Leave smelly cosmetics at home, store toiletries and personal items with food.
- Use bear resistant canisters that provide for food and garbage storage.
- Store your food and garbage away from your tent.
- Wash and store all dishes immediately after use.
- Keep sleeping bags, tents and sleeping clothes free of food and food odours.
- Do not snack in your tent.
- Pack out your garbage.
Camping Gear Checklist
- Tent, tarp, sleeping bag and sleeping pad.
- Cooking equipment, dishes and utensils.
- Food (bring extra rations).
- Drinking water, water bottle.
- Rain jacket.
- Warm clothing ? long underwear, extra socks, jacket, jeans, sweatshirt.
- Flashlight (extra batteries)
- First Aid Kit.
- Waterproof boots.
- Map and compass.
- Waterproof matches.
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses.
- Towel and face cloth.
- Biodegradable toiletries.
- Change of clothing.
- Gear repair/sewing kit.
- Pocket Knife, folding shovel.
This is just a basic list of supplies. The
type of camping trip and circumstances will be a factor as to what is
needed. Be prepared, stay safe and enjoy your outdoor experience.